Our COVID-19 Protocols
Our office is following and has always followed the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). In addition, we have made the following changes:
- Our staff is wearing additional PPE (personal protective equipment) not to only protect themselves but the patients as well. These include but are not limited to N95 surgical face masks, surgical gowns, safety glasses, and face shields.
- In the general office areas we are disinfecting all hard surfaces with CDC-recommended virus-killing products throughout the day.
- We have new air purifiers that have been placed throughout the office.
- We have window fans placed in the windows of each treatment room that are drawing air out of the room whenever a patient is being treated in that area. This also results in the bringing in of fresh air from the open windows of unused rooms. Fresh air is constantly circulating throughout the office.
- To be permitted to enter the office you must be wearing a face covering or mask.
- Patients are being asked to stay in their cars when they arrive in the parking lot and call the office so that we can let them know when the office is clear to help us be able to social distance.
- They are also asked to not bring visitors with them to their appointments.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer has been placed throughout the office for patient and employee use, and each person entering the office is asked to use it.
- Every person that enters our office has their temperature taken.
- We have allowed for longer patient appointments to accommodate these changes.
- We are also asking people to reschedule their appointment if they have a fever, excessive coughing, or any signs of illness. Dr. Bork will waive the cancellation fee in these scenarios.
- We have also established protocols to put in place in the event that a patient or employee tests positive for COVID-19.
- Staff is screened daily for symptoms, and temperatures are taken daily.
- We are continuously educating our employees and patients on the facts of COVID-19 and staying in lockstep with the experts on ways to help prevent transmission.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.